Holiday Hazards for Pets
The holidays can be an enjoyable time of the year with family and friends. But some forget that holiday decorations and foods can be dangerous for pets. There are several common holiday items that can be harmful to your pets.
Holiday Hazards for Pets:
- Turkey Bones: Resist those cute, pleading eyes! Turkey bones can splinter and puncture internal organs!
- Chocolate: Chocolate is very dangerous to dogs and can cause agitation, intestinal issues, high heart rate, seizures and even death.
- Holiday Plants: Mistletoe and holly can be toxic if ingested by animals.
- Tinsel and Ribbons: If swallowed, these can cause intestinal obstruction.
- Hustle and Bustle: Pets feel anxiety too! Constant visitors and activity can be confusing and stressful for your pet. Provide a quiet space for your pet to relax if showing signs of anxiety.
So when enjoying your holiday celebrations this season, be sure to keep in mind the safety of your four legged friends! Take precautions and protect your pet from unnecessary holiday hazards and inconvenient emergency trips to the vet! Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Kenton County!