Take Steps to Prepare, Survive, and Be Safe During Storms
The warmer months are the prime months in our area for thunderstorms and severe weather. According to ready.gov, there are important steps that can be taken to prepare for storms, survive during storms, and be safe after storms.
- Sign up for your community’s alert system
- Identify sturdy buildings nearby that can be used for shelter
- Cut down or trim trees that could potentially fall on your home
- Seek shelter in a sturdy building during a severe storm
- Pay attention to weather reports and alerts
- During a storm, unplug appliances and other electrical devices
- Avoid flooded roadways
- Listen to reports for whether it’s safe to go outside
- Watch for fallen power lines and trees
Storms can hit quickly and unexpectedly, leaving a trail of damage behind. SERVPRO of Kenton County is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide emergency service. Our technicians respond quickly to restore properties affected by water damage and flooding, storm damage, fire damage, and mold damage.