Water Damages need to be mitigated
Sometimes water damage or even excess humidity in a property can lead to mold damage as well. The SERVPRO technicians are highly trained in water and mold damage restoration. When it comes to mold damage, it’s usually best to let the professionals do the work. But what if you want to attempt to safely clean the moldy areas yourself? What should you wear?
It is important to avoid breathing in mold or mold spores. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) offers safety guidelines to handling mold in your home. In order to limit exposure to airborne mold, they recommend wearing an N-95 respirator during the cleaning process, which can be found at many hardware stores.
The EPA also suggests wearing long gloves that extend to the middle of the forearm. It is important to avoid touching mold or moldy items with your bare hands.
And finally, goggles that do not have ventilation holes are recommended. It is important to prevent getting mold or mold spores from getting into your eyes.
While some minor surface mold issues can be handled effectively by the homeowner, it is best to have professional help with larger mold infestations. SERVPRO has the specialized mold remediation equipment and the highly trained mold remediation technicians necessary to handle any size mold infestation. If you find a mold situation that is too much to handle on your own, contact us today!