Fire Safety Tips for Halloween...
Creative costumes, pumpkin carving, and spooky decorations all make Halloween fun for the kids. But what could spoil a good time more than a fire accident?!
NFPA.org provides a few simple fire safety tips to help keep the kids out of fire danger on Halloween.
- Keep costumes flame-resistant or flame-retardant. And for home-made costumes, choose materials that will not easily ignite.
- Many fall themed decorations, like cornstalks and dried flowers are highly flammable. Always keep them away from open flames.
- Use a battery operated light inside of carved pumpkins instead of a real candle.
- Keep pathways and exits clear of decorations so that nothing is blocking escape routes.
- Stress to the kids the importance of staying away from open flames.
- Review and practice with the kids how to stop, drop, and roll just in case their clothing would catch on fire.
SERVPRO of Kenton County wishes you a very happy and SAFE Halloween!