Give Back this Holiday Season
The holiday season means time spent with family, enjoying meals together, exchanging gifts, and other family traditions. But the holiday season is also the perfect time to remember the less fortunate and incorporate giving back into your family holiday traditions.
There are many creative ways to give back. And not all acts necessarily involve a large monetary commitment. Here are several great suggestions:
- Leave a note of cheer on someone’s windshield.
- Give a complement each day leading up to the holiday.
- Pay for the order of the person behind you in the drive-thru line.
- Bake cookies and bring them to a nursing home or the fire department.
- Offer time at a local animal shelter to walk dogs or simply spend time with them.
- Purchase a few $5 or $10 gift cards and give them to those that you interact with often like the mailman or a cashier.
- Anonymously pay someone’s layaway.
- Donate the spare change in your car to the Salvation Army on your way into the store.
Even the smallest acts of kindness can have an impact. They can brighten the recipient’s day as well as your own and anyone who witnesses the act. They can have a ripple effect, inspiring others to give as well. These are just a few ideas of ways to spread kindness and joy to others during the holiday season. What can you add to this list?
SERVPRO of Kenton County wishes you a joyous holiday season of giving!