Sprinkler Systems for Commercial Buildings
Fire is a major concern for business owners. Commercial fires can lead to injury or death of employees, damaged merchandise and equipment, lost records, and quite possibly, the permanent closure of the business.
Sprinkler systems in commercial building are one factor that improves fire safety in the workplace. Commercial buildings of all kinds should be equipped with a sprinkler system.
But how does a business owner know the sprinkler system requirements for his building? Fireline.com conveniently outlines sprinkler system requirements on their website.
According to the website, some of the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association for commercial sprinkler systems include:
- Buildings more than 55 feet high must have sprinkler systems.
- Any new building with a fire area of more than 5000 square feet must have sprinklers.
- Fire pumps should be installed to increase the amount of pressure in a single sprinkler system.
- Fire pumps should be housed in a separate building whenever possible.
- Water supply control valves should be accessible for easy operation.
This is just a brief outline of some of the commercial sprinkler system requirements. For a more detailed explanation, visit the Fireline website at http://www.fireline.com/blog/fire-sprinkler-requirements-for-commercial-buildings/.
Keep your business safe!